The big parks here in Simi are easy to get to and no fuss, we know where they are and we know which ones Sky likes and more importantly these days – which have NO HILLS! She’s supposed to be on flat walks only which isn’t always possible living in a valley but I try to pick the flatter parks for visits rather than the steep hills or unstable ground. One of the little parks in Simi that isn’t really well known is Verde Park. As usual the obligatory landmark photo for proof
Verde Park is located at 6045 E. Nelda St, Simi Valley. Amenities at this park include:
- bbq – yes!
- ball diamond – yes!
- picnic tables-uncovered – yes!
- tot lot – yes!
- volleyball court – yes!
Not a whole lot there and the park is a weird shape in the back. I guess due to the houses built around it but the end of the park is a triangle. There is no path around the park either so in wet weather this park would be pretty muddy and messy. There was 1 poop bag dispenser at the entrance but none around the back of the park so grab bags on the way in.
Score for Verde Park:
- Location – Not that easily accessible 2/5 spots
- Parking – Road parking only 2/5 spots
- Amenities – Nice kids jungle gym. When we went there was no net on the volleyball court at the area was taped off (presumably for maintenance?). Like many of the small parks no bathrooms 2/5 spots
- Hiking – None, but the perimeter walk is pretty eventful at the rear of the park you can look into peoples gardens! 1/5 spots
- Wildlife – City! Not many trees for squirrels so pretty quiet! 1/5 spots
- Dog friendly - Not really dog friendly IMO! 1/5 spots
Overall: 9/30 Spots!
2002 was a fun year for us getting the dogs. They were a handful but SO worth it! Especially when you come into the living room and see this…