So due to the England Trip I’m playing catch up on Project life. Whilst chatting to my Mum on the phone Saturday I made my pages for the last 3 weeks… multi-tasking! I’m not going to include all the details of the last 3 weeks because this post would be CRAZY long, but these are some snapshots and highlights of the last few weeks
At the end of the month we traveled back to England for the funeral of Sandra, Bobs mum. Whilst we were there for sad circumstances we decided that we needed to make the most of things and enjoy the time we were spending with family and friends. We ate, drank and were merry! It was difficult leaving Sky at home but we had a furry companion with Flo, Zoe’s dog I even managed to get some photo’s of her, which apparently are rare!
The weather was FREEZING, very cold, snow was in the forecast for the week ahead!
We begain clearing out the house, which meant taking home our Mr Men mugs =)
Another week in England, and we hit up some new places for dinner. This included Mahmaan Indian restaurant, Jimmys buffet and the Windmill. The Indian at Mahmaan was delicious, we’d definitely go there again! The Windmill was ok, Bob likes it there, but I prefer the Paddock or Kings Corner.
Lots of cups of tea were had as it begun to SNOW! Bob and I haven’t really seen snow for a while other than at Mtn High snowboarding so this was a novelty. It quickly wore off though as it was so damn Cold!
Sandra’s funeral was this week too.
Week 7 was our last hurrah in England. We tried to get as much done in the time we had left. Lunches out and dinners out with family and friends. The MillHouse was a popular haunt as was Kings Corner, which had a great two course lunch for under a fiver!
Whilst we were in England we tried some great beers and most definitely drank WAY more than we should have (back to the diet when we get back!). My favorite beer was from the The Standard and was called “top of the hops!”. Great beer!
Whilst we were in England I tried wheat free scones for a cream tea, several new beers and we tried running in the snow. Never again! The started falling and for some reason we just decided to try and run in it. It really did seem like a fun idea at the time. However the cold, the wind chill and the fact we hadn’t run for a while all meant that after a mile we were done! I couldn’t feel my toes!
We rounded the trip off with a Boots meal deal at the airport and headed home to see Sky =)
Blog posts this week:
- Motivation Monday
- Favorite home workout videos
- Fitblog – healthy discoveries
- Goals for the England trip
- Project life, what I’ve learned in 4 weeks
- Eat clean, get lean, save green – January Recap
- Spoturday – buster cube
- Motivation Monday
- Review – trader joes lentil soup
- Spoturday – kong filler
- Motivation Monday
- Review – trader joes GF bread
- Eat clean, get lean, save green
- Back in the USA
- Spoturday – Reunited
I had scheduled some blog posts before we left for vacation but not as many as I’d have liked, but that’s my blog, True Life! I think this unexpected trip made me realize that I need to have some back up posts just in case I get called away unexpectedly again. I managed to get some blog work done, but mostly just took the time in England to chill out!
Physical Activity done this week:
- Thursday – walk Sky
- Friday – walk Sky, P90X,
- Saturday – walk Sky, bodypump, cxworx,
Exercise was SEVERELY lacking over the last three weeks! If I’m brutally honest it’s been lacking since December when we went out the UK then! Getting back mid December and getting the flu didn’t help. Then in the New Year we had two weeks back in the groove when Sandra died, then River died, then the trip to England for the funeral. It’s been a highly emotional time and exercise just hasn’t been at the front of my thoughts. This will be changing over the next few weeks I did BodyPump and CXworx Saturday for the first time in 16 days. I’m gonna be sore this weekend!
I thought it would be interesting to share some search terms that people found my blog from, aside from last weeks usual suspects (bodypump, cxworx, spinning).
- I hate zumba – I love that people are still finding my blog through this! I hate zumba!
- workoutwithdi – lots more search terms for just ME! Happy!!!
- what song does golds gym use for muay thai body combat – you can find the playlists on my blog every quarter. It depends on the release
- bathroom scale reading 125 – hello #125 your time is up!
- get lean grocery rules – Every friday I post my grocery list (ok when I’m at home!!! I have a BIG list coming this Friday!)
- gold’s new les mills workout blogs – you found me I post the playlists for the new releases!
- biggest loser – I’m behind on TV obviously! Give me a few weeks to catch up and I’ll post my thoughts
- workout playlists for spinning – gonna be back on track with these in March!
- clif builder bar – my favorite is Mint choc chip flavor!
- don’t put yourself through this misery when you can have fun doing zumba – hahahahhahha! NO!
- fitness movement westlake – Thursday cycle with me at 10am!
- trip to england – I’m English what do you want to know? I should add that I left
- how many times a week should i do cxworx to see results – at least twice a week! Preferably three times a week.
- clean yogurt trader joe’s – buy the natural greek yogurt and add your own fruit
- illegal coral gathering – I have no clue how I turned up in this search!!!!
- womens squat weight body pump – going to be different for everyone. Mine is usually 30kg/66lbs
- afaa group exercise certification tip – read the books inside and out!
- biggest loser 2013 why don’t they receive counseling – agreed!!!!
- how much money do i hold aside for taxes as a zumba instructor – ask an accountant!
- 85 weekly grocery budget – every friday!!!!
Random thoughts for the week – Giving up alcohol for lent! Need to detox!